1. Purchase Poker Hands:
- hands are 2 for $15, or 5 for $30 (remember this is a scholarship fundraiser, generosity is appreciated. 🙂 )
- purchase from a friend who is a 99 or at the first airport you visit on Poker Run day
- you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- if you’re unable to fly the Poker Hands yourself, let a friend help or contact email@example.com and a volunteer pilot will fly it for you.
2. Get in your plane and fly to your first airport of 5. The order in which you visit your selected 5 airports does not matter, as long as you’re in Pitt Meadows, which can be your 5th airport, by 3 pm to hand your Poker Hands in to the judges. NOTE: Hands with more than 5 stamps will be disqualified.
- possible airports to visit:
- CYXX Abbotsford (in front of Airshow Office, north of Cascade hangars, taxiway D),
- CZBB Boundary Bay (in front of Pacific Flying Club),
- CYCW Chilliwack (terminal/cafe: PARK WEST OF THE TERMINAL BUILDING)
- CAK3 Delta Airpark (in front of Mary’s Place Restaurant),
- CYNJ Langley (in front of Museum),
- CYYJ Victoria (Victoria Flying Club),
- CYSE Squamish (Glacier Air), and
- TERMINUS -> CYPK Pitt Meadows (AeroClub) by 3pm
3. Find the volunteer table at each of your 5 selected airports and visit them to draw your cards. The volunteer will place a stamp on your Poker Hand sheet corresponding to the card you drew. Then, head to the next airport to draw your next cards.
4. After parking your plane at your 5th and last stop, Pitt Meadows, by 3pm, walk to the judges table to draw your last Poker Cards (if this is your 5th airport) and hand in your winning Poker Hands.
5. While waiting for the results, meet the other participants, enjoy the party and browse the prize list – there are many to choose from!
6. Win a Prize from one of our Generous Sponsors!