Inspiring women pilots since 1929!
The Ninety-Nines is an international organization of women pilots that promotes advancement of aviation through education, scholarships and mutual support while honouring our unique history and sharing our passion for flight.
- June 17: Poker Run is a GO today!! Be sure to check the wx and NOTAMS for yourself. Fly safely and see you at YPK by 3pm!
- Check out this article about Ramona encouraging more women to fly!! http://www.vicnews.com/news/386646211.html?mobile=true
- The 99s are thrilled to be a finalist in the 2015 annual Lightspeed Aviation Grant Competition for up to $10,000. Please vote for us at www.vote99s.com
- A special thank you goes out to Coast Dog Aviation for providing an annual inspection for auction at the 2015 Poker Run! If you would like to make a bid, please email email@example.com with your name and bid amount.
- Check out this issue of Canadian Aviator… all about women in aviation! Women of Aviation
- Dr. JoAnn Leavey of BC Coast Chapter has received a great honour: The Governor General’s Caring Canadian Award. This award recognizes individuals who volunteer their time to help others and to build a smarter and more caring nation. JoAnn is recognized for the compassion and engagement she demonstrates in her extensive volunteering in medical, community development, teaching and research areas.JoAnn is a student pilot. She has been pursuing her dream to fly since she was 23 years of age, but her training has been interrupted again and again by her medical studies: she is a Registered Nurse, and a Registered Psychologist, and is currently enrolled full-time in a Nurse Practitioner program. She volunteers extensively in disaster relief programs around the world, and provides health care and public health education to the ultra-poor. She hopes to finish her pilot’s licence to enhance her ability to make the world a better place.
- Click play above to see a new one minute video produced by Lightspeed Aviation describing who we are and what we do. Thank you Lightspeed Aviation!! 🙂