June 17: Poker Run is a GO today!! Be sure to check the WX and NOTAMS for yourself. Fly safely and see you at YPK by 3pm!
- Pilots flying into YNJ, all arrivals and departures will be on 01-19 (Rwy 07-25 closed). Let the Tower know that you are there for the Poker Run. Our table will be East of the Hotel (midway down 25).
- Be cautious of extra aircraft in the Sumas Valley between YXX and YCW – the Abbotsford Flying Club are flying kids today.
Start at any of the tables located at 9 airports; they open at 9am and close at 2:30. Visit 5 airports (can include YPK) and be back to YPK by 3pm to hand in your hands and discover what GREAT prize(s) you win!! Click here for more details on how to play…
Prizes are rolling in for the 2017 Poker Run (see below.) Please support the businesses who have donated and let them know that you appreciate their generosity! The BC Coast 99s thank you for your support too!
What will be happening at Pitt Meadows (CYPK), your final destination for the day:
Bring your poker hands to the Pitt Meadows table by 3pm to ensure you are eligible for one or more of the fantastic prizes!
Lunch… The AeroClub at YPK will be hosting a BBQ by donation.
Silent Auction… Remember to bid on Coast Dog Aviation’s Annual Inspection
Also available at YPK, by donation towards the 99s scholarship fund…
- T-shirts: suggested donation $15 for short sleeves and $20 for long.
- Pop-up Airplane and Helicopter cards: suggested donation $5.
- Bumper Stickers: suggested donation $2.
Prizes, from our generous sponsors, in order of receipt (click on the logo to go to their website):
Fly Over Canada – 2x General Adult Admission Tickets
Maxcraft Avionics Ltd – t-shirt, drink container, hat
Catherine Black, a wonderful 99 member – 2 new flight bags
Glacier Air – 20 minute Aerobatic flight in a Super Decathlon with an instructor
Sharon Janson (Mom of a 99) – backpack picnic set
Victoria Flying Club – 1 hr Simulator Time
Classic Aviation – 1 hr Simulator Time
Adega Estate Winery, Osoyoos, but sold in SaveOn Foods as well – one bottle of white wine
Bordertown Vineyards & Estate Winery, Osoyoos – one bottle of white wine
AeroClub of BC, Pitt Meadows – $100 gas voucher, 4 prizes of a t-shirt/hat set